The Sales Development Representative is responsible for creating opportunities for our sales team by generating qualified leads. The role involves building a comprehensive list of target organisations based on an ideal customer profile, identifying key contacts within those organisations and opening a conversation with them.
The role is not about closing sales but about gaining interest and qualifying opportunities to understand which organisations have an interest in engaging with us. Qualified leads are passed to the outbound sales team. This is a key role for us here at Maximise IT as this person builds the foundation for our future sales opportunities.
• Research and identify potential new customers and the key contacts within the organisation
• Contact prospects via phone, LinkedIn and email in order to establish interest in products and services.
• Build a network of contacts within interested organisations
• Generate new business leads, creating a strong pipeline of calls and meetings for the sales team
• Advise on software solutions and how they can be applied to meet the customer’s needs
• Gain a good understanding of key business challenges and processes which Maximise IT products and services can solve
• Have a good understanding of and help evolve the ideal customer profile
• Ensure that the corporate CRM system is kept up to date with accurate information
• Identify and develop new prospects through networking events
• Meet targets set by managers and contribute to team sales targets
• Manage workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals
• Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues
Key Experience & Skills
• Experience making outbound calls to potential new customers with the motivation and tenacity to achieve results
• Positive attitude to the sales process with the ability to handle rejection
• Ability to engage prospective customers through asking intelligent, open questions
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills to build good relationships with contacts
• The ability to assess a customer’s need and explain how a product or service could benefit them
• Good time management skills with the ability to organise daily activities effectively
• Strong organisation skills
• Motivated, proactive and persistent
Competitive base salary (dependent on experience) plus commission and generous benefits.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new contract or permanent role, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.