The VBA Developer will responsible for developing and updating the solutions we provide to one of our longest standing clients. Based between the office in Clifton and the customer site in the centre of Bristol this role will interact with the client daily, supporting them by ensuring successful delivery.
• Building and developing solutions using VBA and SQL Server
• Enhancing existing solutions and applications
• Troubleshooting technical issues that arise
• Creating documentation including reports and presentations
• Client liaison - working with the customer to understand their needs and advise on the best solution
• Estimating how long solutions will take to build
• Becoming a trusted advisor to the client
• Ensuring quality of service and building the business case by developing a detailed knowledge of the customers business challenges and opportunities
Key Experience & Skills
• Expert in developing and configuring using Visual Basic Applications (VBA) and SQL Server
• Ability to produce documentation such as proposals and technical documents
• Experience in managing a project
• Excellent listening, communication and customer facing skills
• Experience of working with large datasets
• Business analysis skills
• Logical and methodical approach to ensure effective and efficient work
• Ability to produce documents such as proposals and technical documents to a high standard
• Good time management; planning your day effectively
• The capacity to work well on your own or in a team
• The ability to coordinate tasks amongst a team
• Determination and commitment to impress customers
• Entrepreneurial outlook
Competitive base salary (dependent on experience) plus bonus scheme and benefits package.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a different role, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.